Geneva Cardinal GVL Euphonium
The Cardinal range brings together the latest of innovations, pure luxury, the finest materials, attention to detail, and relentless quest for perfection.
Each of the Cardinal instruments feature decorative engraving that is hand crafted by gifted artisans, thus making your Cardinal instrument absolutely unique.
The venturi, featured on all the Cardinal lead pipes, is designed to allow the musician to instantly have much more sound, and an almost resistant free experience. We believe at Geneva we have raised innovation in hand made brass musical instrument production to a new quality level, but you the customer will be the ultimate deciding factor.
The GVL cardinal was designed and built by Geneva in collaboration with Glenn Van Looy an extraordinary Euphonium player known worldwide for his immense virtuosity. A unique mix of core materials, including yellow brass and a nickel flair bell, has created the warm sound Geneva were looking for with that extra edge of projection sought by Glenn. The key feature of the instrument is its open sound in its high register, exceptional intonation, and ease of playing.
“In addition to its remarkable playing features I find the aesthetics of the instrument, with its hand crafted engraving on the bell, rose and black finishes throughout, makes this instrument stand out as a unique work of art in itself”.
Dr Glenn Van Looy. Professor Euphonium, Conservatoire Cantonal du Valais . Geneva Performance / Development Artist
- Bore Size: Dual Bore, ranging from 14.7mm to 16.6mm (0.579 inches to 0.654 inches)
- Bell Size: 305mm (12 inches)
- Bell Material: Combination of Yellow Brass and Nickel
- Lead Pipe Material: Yellow Brass
- Triggers: Main Tuning Slide Trigger
- Valves: 4 Stainless Steel Valves, Compensating System
- Inner Slides: Nickel Silver
- Outer Slides: Nickel Silver
- Tuning Slide: Rose Brass
- Finish Options: Lacquer or Silver, with Hand Engraved Eagle, GVL Signature, and Black Nickel Plate Accents